Maida flour is nothing but nicely ground wheat flour. Here is a simple and crispy dish prepared using this plain flour.
Maida flour - 2 Cups
Red Chilli Powder - 2 Tsp (or less based on your taste)
Hing powder - A pinch
Oil - As required
Butter - 2 Tsp
Curry leaves - Few
Salt - As Required
- Grind curry leaves or chop nicely.
- Mix Maida flour, chilly powder, hing powder, ground curry leaves, salt and butter.
- Gradually add water to the mixture and make it as a soft dough (as chapathi dough)
- Make small balls and flatten it like chapathi.
- Draw lines parallely and diagonally with a knife forming diamond shapes.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the diamonds
- Spread it in a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Allow it to cool and store it in an air-tight container.
- Puffy and Crispy chips ready.
- Plain flour - Rich in protein (10-12%)