Green chillies are one of my favourite and I add it with every dish I prepare. The hot flavour in it gets you an excellent taste. My mother prepares this whole chilli pickle and I used to get it packed from her whenever I make a visit. That was a time I never knew cooking and never knew that it is this easy.
It tastes like jalapeno pickle and goes well with Curd rice. I am sure you will like it, but you will have to wait for atleast 15-20 days (marination period) to experience it. No preservatives added, but still this lasts for atleast a year.
Green Chilli - 200 gms
Mustard Seeds - 3 Tsp
Turmeric Powder - 3 Tsp
Salt - 5 Tsp
Lime - 5
This is how it looks after a month. The colour of the Chilli changes from Green to Pale Green (Yellowish Green).
- Wash Green chillies and cut into small pieces (around an inch or less).
- Grind Mustard seeds into coarse powder.
- In a glass bowl add the cut chillies, salt,turmeric and mustard seeds powder and mix it well.
- Extract the Lime juice and add it to the mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl with a plate and leave it aside.
- It has to marinate for atleast 20 days to use it.
- Once in a day open the cover and give it a mix (for even marination).
- After complete marination, the Chilli will turn soft. Now it is ready for use.
- Transfer to an air-tight container and refrigerate(optional).
- Green Chilli - Good source of Potassium, magnesium, iron and Vitamin B & Vitamin C.
- Lime - Vitamin C