'Happy Independence Day' to all my fellow Indians.
Carrots are one of my favourites. When I went for grocery shopping last week, I was attracted by these cute little baby carrots. I bought these with the intention of making salad...but then changed my mind after coming home.I made carrot pickle.Here is a simple and absolutely tasty carrot pickle. This can be had as a side dish with any kind of rice.
I am running tight with my assignments (@ work) hence my post frequency will be less until this month end [you still can check out my other recipes ;) ].Ingredients:
Carrot - 200 gms
Small Onion - 6
Green chilli - 4
Red chilli - 2
Lemon - 1
Dates - 1/4 portion
Salt - As required
Turmeric powder - A pinch Method:
- Chop carrot, onion and green chilli widthwise into small circles.
- Grind red chilli and dates.
- Mix chopped carrot, onion, green chilli and the ground paste.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice to the mixture.
- Mix well and allow it to marinate for a week.
Few points based on the Comments received
- Pickle should be refrigerated.
- Shelf Life: I have not kept it for more than a month (it will be consumed).If you want to have a longer shelf life, you can use Vinegar instead of lemon.I generally don't prefer Vinegar.
- Carrot - Rich in Vitamin A or betacarotene