Now a recipe...my favourite one.
Rice - 3 Cups
Toor Dhal - 2 cups ( I sometime use Masoor Dhal too)
Small Onion - 1 Cup
Potato - 1 Cup (cut into small pieces)
Peas - 1 Cup
Beans (Cut into 2") - 1 Cup
Carrot (Cut into 2") - 1 Cup
Tomatoes(Large) - 2 Nos
Tamarind Juice - 1/4 Cup (or tamarind paste 1 Tsp as per your taste)
Red chilli powder - 3 Tsp
Salt As Required
Ghee - 3 Tbsp
Oil- 4 Tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
Coriander seeds - 4 tsp
Fenugreek - 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon - 1"
Cloves - 3 nos
Cardamom 1 no
Dry red chilli - 6
Pepper - 10 corns
Gram dhal - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Grated coconut 6 Tsp ( I prefer dry coconut)
- Dry roast the masala ingredients and grind it to coarse powder.
- Cook toor dhal with turmeric powder and keep it aside.
- Cook rice.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add 1 tsp of masala powder, onion, beans, carrot and potato, tomato and fry for sometime (until the vegetables are cooked).
- Add cooked dhal, tamarind juice, masala powder, salt and red chilli powder.
- Add some water and allow it to boil for sometime.
- Keep it aside. (I generally refrigerate it and take it just before serving)
- Just before serving, add the cooked rice to the above gravy and allow it to cook for 5 mins (so that the gravy mixes well with the rice).
- Garnish with Coriander leaves, ghee and coconut before serving.
- Enjoy the delicious dish. Goes well with papadam.
This is my entry to RCI-Karnataka hosted by Asha
Thanks to all those who pointed out this.
I have been given Rockin' Girl Blogger award by
Roopa of Recipe of Choice
and Zlamushka of Spicy Kitchen
and Power of Schmooze award by Srivalli of
Thanks Girls !!! I am really privileged. It is really motivating when you receive such awards.
I would like to pass it on to all my fellow bloggers. I am sure most of you would have already received it. But to my satisfaction...
I pass on Rockin' Girl Blogger award to
Shilpa's Aayis Recipes
The Yum Blog
Raaga's The Singing Chef
Sia's Spice Corner
Richa's As Dear As Salt
Roopa's Recipe of Choice
Saju's Chachi's Kitchen
Seema's Recipe Junction
Srivalli's Cooking 4 all seasons
Suma Gandlur's Veggie platter
Swapna Susaralas Kitchen
Taste of Mysore
Zlamushka's Spicy Kitchen
And Power of Schmooze award to
Asha's Foodies Hope
Archana's Luv 2 eat hate 2 cook
Coffee's The Spice Cafe
Dee's Ammalu's Kitchen
Jyothna's Curry bazaar
Lia's Spices Corner
Laavanya's Cookery Corner
Suganya's Tasty Palettes
TBC's The Budding Cook
Usha's Samayal Ulagam
I really didn't want to miss anyone here. Each one have their unique way of presenting recipes. You ALL Deserve it.