Broccoli - 1/2 flower
Carrot - 3
Baby button Mushroom - 150 gms
Courgette (Zucchini) - 1 medium size.
Baby corn - 150 gms
Corn flour - 2 Tsps
Vegetable Stock - 1 Cube (I used Knorr)
Vinegar - 1 Tsp
Soy Sauce - 1 Tsp
Red Chilli Sauce - 1 Tsp
Olive oil - 2 Tsps
- Cut all the vegetables into medium sized pieces (as shown above)
- Mix corn flour in 1/4 cup of water.
- Mix vegetable stock to corn flour paste. Ensure that no lumps are formed.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce and 1 tsp of olive oil (you could use any other oil as an alternate). Mix well and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil (or any other oil) in a pan.
- Add the cut vegetables. Fry for 2 mins.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and keep it covered for 1 min.
- Remove the lid and add the paste prepared in step 4.
- Add red chilli paste , fry for 20 seconds and remove from stove.
- This goes well with rice and Chapati. Cook rice with little salt.
You could also add Water chestnut and bamboo shoots which will give a complete Chinese touch. Adjust quantity of vegetables and water according to your taste.
- Broccolli - High in Vitamin C , Vitamin K , folate etc
- Carrot - Vitamin A
- Baby corn - Rich in Protein
- Mushroom - Rich in Thiamine, Niacin , Riboflavin, etc
- Courgette/Zucchini - Rich in folate, potassium, Vitamin A