We had been to India for Christmas holidays. Had a great time.
Mushroom is one of my favourite but most disliked by my family members. I was trying to make a dish with it to satisfy their taste. We had been to a Tandoori Restaurant and I ordered Mushroom Bhaji. It was the first time I had mushroom outside.I generally don't prefer to take Cauliflower, Mushroom, Brinjal and few other dishes outside as they need more careful cleaning. I really liked the taste of Mushroom Bhaji they served. I just got hold of the ingredients in it (whatever I could visually see). I tried it at home by adjusting the ingredients to my taste and it turned out to be really good.
Baby Button Mushroom - 750 gms
Carrot - 1 cup - cut 2" lengthwise (approx 3 carrots)
Capsicum - 1 cup - cut into medium squares
Onions - 1 cup - cut into medium squares (approx. 2 onions)
Soy Sauce - 5 Tsp
Chilli Sauce - 2 Tsp
Green Chilli - 4 - cut into small pieces.
Red Chilli powder - 1/2 Tsp
Corn flour - 1 Tsp
Salt - As Required
Oil - 4 Tsp
Garlic - 3 pods
Ginger - 1"
alternatively 1 Tsp Ginger garlic paste
- Cut mushroom into 3 portions (3 pieces as in the picture).
- Heat 2 tsps of oil in a pan
- Add the cut mushrooms and fry for sometime.
- Do not add water. Mushroom by itself will leave out water.
- Fry until the water evaporates and mushroom is cooked.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan.
- Heat 2 tsps of oil in a pan.
- Add the cut carrots, capsicum, onions and green chilli.Fry for sometime.
- Grind ginger and garlic and add to the vegetables.
- Continue frying until the raw smell disappears.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and let the vegetables cook. (adjust water accordingly)
- Once cooked, add the mushrooms.
- Mix the corn flour in a tsp of water.
- Add chilli sauce, corn paste, soy sauce, red chilli powder and salt.
- Stir well and keep in stove for 5 mins and remove.
You can have it with rice or Chapati. Add more water if you want it to be gravy.
Source Wiki: Mushroom
There are a number of species of mushroom that are poisonous, and although some resemble certain edible species, eating them could be fatal. Eating mushrooms gathered in the wild is risky and should not be undertaken by individuals not knowledgeable in mushroom identification, unless the individuals limit themselves to a relatively small number of good edible species that are visually distinctive. More generally, and particularly with gilled mushrooms, separating edible from poisonous species requires meticulous attention to detail; there is no single trait by which all toxic mushrooms can be identified, nor one by which all edible mushrooms can be identified.
- Mushrooms are a source of some minerals, including iron, selenium, potassium and phosphorus.
- Rich in vitamins such as thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, biotin, cobalamins, ascorbic acid.